Friday 7 May 2010

The Habit of Art


This show was amazing! and I forget their real names but Uncle Vernon and madame maxine from the Harry Potter movies were both in the show. IT was a play within a play. The actors were at a rehearsal for a show they were in about the poet, Arden. I loved it. They were all so good. The show just had a lot to say about art in every form, but mostly acting, and how it affects the actors, their lives, the audience's lives, etc. It was fantastic. Here are some quotes from the show that I liked:

*"Style in the sum of imperfection."
*"It is unspeakable, but not unsingable." When one cannot find the words he wants to say he sings. And when he can no longer sing, he dances.
*"I don't have a map. I don't even know what I don't know."
*It's not England or your home that is cozy. Art. It's art that's cozy. Art and Literature."
*"Everyone is frightened. To act in to be frightened. Fear of audience, acting, forgetting, fear of art. But without the fear, there is nothing to live for."

No comments:

Post a Comment