Friday 14 May 2010

Taking Steps



We went to see the farce Taking Steps, written and directed by Alan Ayckbourn. If you don't know who this is, he's amazing! Look him up. The show was fantastic!!! It's in the top three of all the shows I've seen so far! I loved it sooooo much! I want to do the show now! The acting was brillant as was the staging. the pictures here are from outside the Orange Tree Theater where we saw the show, and a picture of us with some of the actors afterwards! Here are some notes from the show:

The show was set in the round. (audience on all sides) and no side was ever ignored. Mr. Watson was by far the best actor I've seen here in London. Incredible character work. If you ever get the chance to read the play... he's the funniest thing ever!

*"Look, it's a wonderful thing to be treated like a goddess, but after about ten minutes it gets very boring. He thinks I'm perfect. I have to leave the room to scratch."
*"I think that the house is no one but me. I mean, I'm me, in the house. The only one. "
*"If you want to know the time, you don't ask a police man. Go find a watch shop."
*"He's a thoroughly unpleasant little shit, isn't he?"
*"That is unethically a breach of everything. Ever."
*"My life isn't in danger until the sun hits the pillow."
*"Is the prospect all that awful? Of me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment